Tours of England
Visit "Jane Austen Country" on a memorable tour tailored for JASNA members.
An English tour specialist selected by JASNA provides exclusive tours available only to our members. Participants visit iconic Austen sites in England and enjoy entrée to private homes and events not open to the public. A typical tour includes:
- St. Nicholas Church in Steventon, her birthplace
- Jane Austen’s House Museum in Chawton, her final home
- Winchester Cathedral and Austen’s grave
- Bath, the Georgian city where Austen lived for 5 years
- Austen family homes, including Chawton Great House (now Chawton House Library)
- Period estates used in film adaptions
- Historic places mentioned in Austen’s novels, such as Lyme Regis
- Attendance at the Annual General Meeting of the Jane Austen Society (JAS) of the U.K. and opportunities to meet with JAS members for collegial discussions, when scheduling allows.
Most Recent Tour
"You Pierce My Soul." Persuasion and the South Coast
Tour participants must be JASNA members. To join, visit our Membership page.
The 2018 tour is now full.
JASNA's 2018 Tour commemorated the 200th anniversary of the publication of Jane Austen's last completed novel, Persuasion.
Participants spent ten days with fellow JASNA members immersed in Jane Austen's England, visiting the towns and countryside most associated with her life—Steventon, Chawton, Bath and Winchester. The itinerary also included Lyme Regis and Portsmouth, locations that figured prominently in Persuasion and in Jane Austen’s life, and film locations used in the 1995 adaptation of Persuasion.
See the 2018 Tour Itinerary for details.
JASNA members get a private tour of Chawton House Library.
• Fingerpost at Chawton © Unisouth (CC BY-SA 3.0 license)
• Lyme Regis © Carrie Bebris
• JASNA tour group at Chawton House Library © Chawton House Library