Persuasions #13, 1991 Pages 150-151
The Quiz at Ottawa
Created by Helen and Ken Denman, Executrix, Ruth Bell
(Click here to see answers to the quizzes (not in the original publication of Persuasions Number 13)
Persons and Places
To whom did JA dedicate her novel, Emma?
2. Names of the children of J. and I. Knightley?
3. Who rescued Jane Fairfax in a boating accident at Weymouth?
4. Who were the
Name of the farm manager of Donwell Abbey?
lived in the following places?
7. State the
men he can be rational and unaffected, but when he has ladies to please every
9. Destination of honeymoon of Emma and George?
10. Mrs. Elton:
the following sentence:
12. The ages of
the following persons:
13. How was the social position of Harriet Smith described?
position or occupation or profession of:
Menus and Food Complete the following sentences:
15. ________ understands boiling an egg as well as anyone.
16. (a) ". . .
it is very small and delicate ______________ is not like any other ____________
but still it is __________, . . . no stomach can bear roast __________."
17. "An egg boiled very soft is not unwholesome," declared _____________.
18. What is the best evening snack?
19. While Mrs. Bates sat with Mr. Woodhouse during the Weston ball, they dined "on __________ and ___________, excellent in their way: but there was a delicate _________ of ___________ and some ___________ which good Mr. Woodhouse thought not quite boiled enough.
vegetables did Mr. Woodhouse consider not unwholesome if eaten very moderately
Winner of the Quiz, attending her first AGM, who handed in the only perfect paper, was Carol Medine, 2016 Kelton Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90025.
(Click here to see answers to the quizzes (not in the original publication of Persuasions Number 13))