At Portsmouth, “Fanny found it impossible not to try for books again,” and so will you when you see the bookshops in our Emporium:
- Jane Austen Books needs no introduction to JASNA members: like a circulating library in Jane Austen’s time, it will offer books, music, and gifts, all related to our favourite author.
- Travellers’ Tales Books, another favourite of AGM regulars, will display a rich collection of books new, old, and rare, as well as vintage gifts and collectibles.
- The Word Bookstore, a Montréal institution, will provide second-hand and antiquarian offerings for you to browse and buy.
Other favourite exhibitors include:
- Chawton House Library, selling books and other items from the CHL
- Jane Austen’s House Museum and One Garden at a Time providing gift items imported from the JAHM, including a chance to order a custom-made turquoise ring like Jane’s own
- Jane Austen’s Regency World, displaying and selling magazines and subscription offerings
- Bingley’s Teas, offering specially blended loose teas and tea-time accessories
Replica of Austen Turquoise Ring
In addition to these exhibitors, eight JASNA regions will have tables at the Emporium offering Austen-themed jewelry, mugs, stationery, gift items, greeting and note cards, fashion accessories, and other collectible items:
- Metropolitan District of Columbia
- Eastern Pennsylvania
- Greater Phoenix