The Jane Austen Society of North America (JASNA) posts news and information about Jane Austen and JASNA on its social media pages. We encourage visitors to share their thoughts and opinions on these posts, but we expect it to be done in a thoughtful and respectful manner.
In order to create a positive and engaging environment and ensure that JASNA's social media spaces are safe and welcoming for all, we will review comments and remove any that are abusive, offensive, or inappropriate at our discretion. We also reserve the right to block anyone who violates our Comment Policy.
The following types of comments will be deleted:
- Hate speech: comments that express hate or encourage violence towards a person or group based on a characteristic such as (but not limited to) race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation.
- Comments that foster or perpetuate prejudice against a person or group based on (but not limited to) race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation.
- Direct or indirect personal attacks, name-calling, or insults.
- Political comments.
- Intentional attempts to derail, hijack, troll, or bait others into an emotional response.
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity.
- Spam, comments or links to advertisements, commercial solicitations, or links to malicious software.
- Off-topic comments.
- Other comments that the JASNA Social Media Team deems inappropriate.
For the privacy and protection of community participants, personally identifiable information (such as addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses) should never be included in comments. Comments that contain this information may also be deleted.
Individuals who continue to violate this Comment Policy will be blocked from JASNA’s social media pages. We also reserve the right to immediately block the author of a comment if we deem it necessary.
Please bear in mind that opinions and statements posted by visitors to our social media pages do not reflect the views of JASNA or its members and are the responsibility of the individuals posting them.
Although social media is a 24/7 medium, our moderation capabilities are not, and we may not see every inappropriate comment right away. We are trusting visitors to JASNA's pages to communicate respectfully.
If you have a question regarding this policy, please email email@example.com.