JASNA membership is open to everyone interested in the works and life of Jane Austen.
- A subscription to JASNA News, the Society's newsletter, which is published four times a year and includes news, feature articles, and book reviews;
- Our annual journal, Persuasions, a leading source for Austen studies;
- Membership in one or more of our regional groups;
- An opt-in email subscription to JASNA's monthly e-bulletin and other timely announcements;
- An invitation to attend the Annual General Meeting, our members-only three-day conference;
- Advance notice of tours to England tailored for JASNA members.
|Student Annual Membership is only available with digital publications. Individual Annual and Life Memberships are available in two versions: one with printed publications and one with digital publications only.
Student Annual—Digital Only
Individual Annual—Digital Only
(with print publications)
Life Membership—Digital Only
(with print publications)
*International members have mailing addresses outside the US and Canada.
Notes About JASNA Memberships
- All JASNA members can access and download digital copies of our publications, JASNA News and Persuasions, through the Member Portal.
- If you join or renew with a lower-cost Digital Only membership, you will not receive printed publications; we will notify you by email when the digital edition of a publication is available to download. If you choose a membership that includes printed publications, you will receive Persuasions and JASNA News by mail, but you will also be notified by email when a digital edition is available in case you would like to download it.
- Memberships remain in effect for the full membership period and cannot be "upgraded" to include printed publications or changed to "digital only" during that membership term. Changes can be made when a membership is renewed.
- If you are enrolled in a membership, including a Life Membership, that provides printed copies of Persuasions and JASNA News, you will continue to receive them by mail unless you opt out of one or both printed publications in your Member Portal account. Prorated refunds are not available.
How to Join or Renew
Enroll or renew online. It's quick and convenient, and your membership will take effect immediately.
- To Join: Use our online New Member Application Form to join and pay by credit card. (Credit card transactions are processed in US dollars.)
- To Renew an Existing Membership or Rejoin after Membership Has Expired: Log in to JASNA’s Member Portal and use the Membership Renewal form to pay online by credit card. If you have not yet set up your Member Portal login name and password—or can't remember them—email email@example.com for assistance.
To Gift a Membership: Gift memberships may be purchased online using the New Member Application Form; follow the instructions at the top of the form. NOTE: A confirmation email will be sent immediately to the recipient if the membership is purchased online. To surprise someone with a gift membership, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Canadians may join or renew Canadian Individual and Student Memberships online at the US dues rates. However, applications for Life Membership must be mailed to the Canadian Membership Secretary with a check payable in Canadian dollars.
Prefer to pay by check? Print the appropriate Membership Form provided below and mail it in with your check. NOTE: Memberships paid by check take 4 to 6 weeks to process after JASNA receives the completed application form and dues.
New members will receive a Welcome Letter after their enrollment has been processed.
An Annual Membership starts on the date the membership is processed and expires one year later. For example, a membership that starts on June 1 will be active through May 31 of the following year. When a membership is renewed before it expires, the new membership term will start after the current membership year is completed.
If you have questions about membership, please email one of our Membership Secretaries:
US/International Membership Secretary: Carol Medine Moss, email@example.com
Canadian Membership Secretary: Gary Diver, firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Call: 1-206-739-6225
Photo used in banner © Lisa Brown