Tours of England
Visit "Jane Austen Country" on a memorable tour tailored for JASNA members.
An English tour specialist selected by JASNA provides exclusive tours available only to our members. Participants visit iconic Austen sites in England and enjoy entrée to private homes and events not open to the public. A typical tour includes:
- St. Nicholas Church in Steventon, her birthplace
- Jane Austen’s House in Chawton, her final home
- Winchester Cathedral and Austen’s grave
- Bath, the Georgian city where Austen lived for 5 years
- Austen family homes, including Chawton Great House
- Period estates used in film adaptions
- Historic places mentioned in Austen’s novels, such as Lyme Regis
- Attendance at the Annual General Meeting of the Jane Austen Society (JAS) of the U.K. and opportunities to meet with JAS members for collegial discussions, when scheduling allows.
These members-only tours consistently earn high marks from participants. Join us and learn why!
2023 JASNA Tours to England
Chatsworth House, Derbyshire
Pride and Prejudice Celebration Tours
Spring: April 14-25, 2023 • Summer: June 30-July 11, 2023
"With the mention of Derbyshire there were many ideas connected. It was impossible for her to see the word without thinking of Pemberley and its owner."
Spring Tour: April 14-25
Summer Tour: June 30–July 11
Tour participants must be JASNA members. To join, visit our Membership page.
How to Register
Email email@example.com. Please include your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
JASNA will sponsor two exclusive tours to England in 2023 with a special focus on Pride and Prejudice: one in the spring (April 14-25) and one in the summer (June 30-July 11).
Join fellow JASNA members for a tour of houses, towns, and cities that shaped Jane Austen’s life and fiction, and journey into Derbyshire to see “the celebrated beauties” of Chatsworth and the Peak district. Tours of the villages and estates used to bring Meryton, Lambton, and Pemberley to life in film and television adaptations of Pride and Prejudice will round out the experience.
In Hampshire, you will visit Jane Austen’s House, Chawton House, and St. Nicholas Church, as well as St. Nicholas Church in Steventon. You'll also take part in a memorial ceremony at Jane Austen's grave in Winchester Cathedral and attend a special program at the Hampshire Cultural Trust on costumes, accessories, and textiles in Jane Austen’s time. (Participants in the Summer Tour will also attend the Annual General Meeting of the UK Jane Austen Society in Chawton.) Spend time in Lyme Regis, where you can walk on the Cobb and visit the Philpott Museum to learn about Mary Anning, fossil hunter. In Bath, visit the sites associated with Jane Austen and her family.
For details, visit the 2023 Spring and Summer Tour Itinerary pages and the Pricing page.
“If adventures will not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad.”
Photos and Illustrations:
• Fingerpost at Chawton © Unisouth (CC BY-SA 3.0 license)
• Chatsworth House, Derbyshire © Lauraleen O'Connor
• All other photos © Jane Austen Society of North America.