This week, the Gaylord Rockies Resort invited JASNA’s President Mary Mintz and others on the conference team to make a pre-conference visit to the hotel and meet with department heads. We left with lots of information and a great sense of enthusiasm about the coming AGM. We are confident you will be comfortable and have a great time. Here are some of our impressions and tips so that you are best prepared:
- The hotel is BIG—airy and spacious, with high ceilings and large meeting rooms:
- Easily navigable, mostly private meeting space (we have the ground-floor Adams ballroom cluster shown on page 2 of this map).
- Generously sized guest rooms: full-size closets, drawers, and double sinks.
- Lots of open space and casual seating indoors and out.
- A relaxed atmosphere: Sneakers or walking shoes are perfectly appropriate.
- Options for those with reduced mobility: You can call the hotel and ask for a note to be placed on your reservation if you need a sleeping room closest to the meeting area. Email email@example.com if you’d like information about scooter rental. Our private daytime dining room provides casual food and beverage purchase and ample seating, right in the meeting area.
- Travel from the airport is quick and easy:
- 11-minute journey by car.
- Recommended: Uber/Lyft.
- Rideshare from airport: Check out JASNA’s Hootboard (see link sent in the email version of this message).
- Light rail: Costs $10.50 to the 61st & Peña station; the hotel has a small shuttle bus twice an hour to/from that station, but most travelers prefer to go by Uber/Lyft/taxi for initial arrival.
- A variety of restaurants and other on-property dining options are ready to feed our large group:
- 4 options for breakfast, as well as drinks/snacks for purchase in JASNA’s dining room.
- 5 options for lunch, as well as salads/sandwiches for purchase in JASNA’s dining room.
- 5 options for dinner.
- Restaurant reservations: You can book now (especially if you have a group) using the “Find a Table” buttons on this page, but walk-ins are also accepted. Mountain Pass is walk-in only.
- Outdoors, poolside casual dining and the Lazy Horse Trailer Bar.
- Room service from 6:00am to 11:30pm.
- UberEats, GrubHub, etc: Hotel policy allows delivery right to your room (if you give your name and room number) or pickup in the lobby.
- Refrigerators in every room for your snacks.
- Off-property options: A local restaurant list will be in your attendee tote bag.
- Saturday breakfast, the Saturday banquet, and Sunday brunch are included in your registration fee.
- Enjoying the outdoors year-round is a Colorado thing—and there are plenty of ways to do it:
- Dining terraces at Mountain Pass and Old Hickory restaurants.
- Lots of lawn chairs/outdoor couches for enjoying the sunshine.
- Large heated outdoor pool, lazy river, and hot tub (indoor pool will not be open).
- Basketball, mini-golf, pickleball, tennis, cornhole, bocce, bicycles (first come, first served).
- Firepits (smores kits available in hotel market).
- Space still available on two AGM tours that will get you out and about: Denver Foothills and Colorado Chautauqua National Historic Site.
- Sunday morning JASNA fun run (1k or 5k).
- The resort and JASNA prioritize your safety and comfort:
- Hotel built in 2018, with the most up-to-date ventilation systems.
- Room sizes minimize crowding.
It’s going to be a great AGM, and we look forward to seeing you there! Some important reminders:
- Late registration for the AGM (Attendee/Companion) will continue until the conference starts, but conference materials and meal selections may be limited.
- September 29: Last day to add/drop tours/activities and get a refund, or to cancel registration and get a refund of fees (minus $50). After that date, conversion to Livestream/Virtual registration will still be available.
- October 9: Last day to change from one session to another of the same activity (e.g., from Dance 1 to Dance 2).
- After October 9, any remaining/returned tour/activity tickets will be available for purchase on-site at the AGM.
- The Gaylord and Brown Palace require notification of cancellations 72 hours in advance of arrival date. JASNA is not able to cancel your hotel room for you.
Check out the 2023 AGM Instagram (JASNA_2023_AGM) or Facebook page (JASNA AGM 2023 Denver) for photos and highlights.
Points of Contact
Please contact the following if you have questions:
REGISTRATION QUESTIONS: Debbie Duncan, AGM Registrar, firstname.lastname@example.org
AGM PROGRAM/LOCAL KNOWLEDGE: Heather McVoy, AGM Coordinator, email@example.com
HOTEL ASSISTANCE AND JASNA POLICY QUESTIONS: Debra Roush, VP for Conferences, firstname.lastname@example.org